Nothing like delish homemade strawberry cilantro limeade in this f*n HOT summer weather!
If you’re like me, you LOVE lemonade. But as I started learning more about Ayurveda for my intestinal disfunction, I found that lemons heat up your insides! Usually that’s helpful for digestion and elimination BUT for those with fiery pitta constitutions like me, we need limes. Although part of the citrus family, limes have a sweeter taste than sour lemons and a cooling effect on the bod. I’ve been drinking limeade lately which has been hittin’ the spot during my lemonade hiatus.
In today’s delectable concoction, I’ve added additional cooling ingredients for the ultimate summer refreshment. Cilantro cools the intestines, clears the urinary tract and refreshes the immune system. And for that sweet touch, summer berries like strawberries have a cooling effect on the liver and are packed with Vitamin C.
If you’d like to try this cooling summer summer bev, recipe below!
Summer Strawberry Cilantro Limeade
- Organic strawberries
- Fresh organic cilantro
- Limeade (start with 1 cup lime juice, add 1/2 cup filtered water. Add either 1/2 cup organic cane sugar (or preferred natural sweetener) OR for a sugar free touch add 5-10 drops Stevia to taste)
- Grab a mason jar or cup of your choosing
- Wash and core 5-8 organic strawberries, mash them into the bottom of your cup/jar to your preferred texture
- Fill jar or cup 3/4 full of limeade
- Add splash of filtered water
- Add a pinch of finely chopped cilantro
- Add ice cubes if the day is hot AF 🙂
- Stir, pop in a straw and enjoy!!
What other summer fruits do you enjoy? Let me know what versions you enjoy!